Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Birth Stories | Overland Park, KS Birth Photographer




If you missed my announcement of a new website, go check it out!  I'm working as a portrait and  birth photographer in the Kansas City Metro Area (Shawnee, Olathe, Overland Park, and Lawrence, KS).  For my birth loving readers, you'll enjoy seeing some of the birth story videos (shared with family's permission).  

The most recent birth I photographed went VERY quick!  Mom called in the middle of the night to say she was in triage at the hospital and was dilated to an 8!  She'd been having contractions for a couple hours, but didn't thought she had more time because it wasn't very painful.  Usually I arrive at the hospital around 4 or 5 cm, so I knew it was going to be a close call.  I was out of bed and driving towards SMMC within 5 minutes.  Along the way, Dad called and said Mom was now at a 9; I found out later that Dad wasn't even at the hospital yet.  Things were going fast!  When I arrived at the hospital, Mom was pushing and Baby was born within 15 minutes.  Baby and Mom were both healthy and we got some great pictures after birth and with a Fresh Baby hospital session later. It was quite an exciting day!  If you'd like to see that birth story, you can view it here: http://morganlangphotography.com/shawnee_mission_kansas_birth_photographer/.  

I'll be doing mostly portrait sessions until going on-call again in November.  If you'd like to follow along with my adventures in birth and portrait photography, you can also find them on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/morganlangphotography.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sometimes I click on a blog on my reading list just out of curiosity and to see how long it's been since the blogger has posted. It didn't expect to see anything new for you. I was very surprised.
    Best wishes on your new job. How exciting! It's good that you could take your love and interest in babies and apply it to another profession. I'll stop by again and click over to your other blog. Best wishes and blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave your comment here.

And just so you know, all spammer comments will be deleted.